How to Remove Stains in Your Carpet
It is easy to ignore carpet cleaning and maintenance. Look at your carpet closely, it seems perfect at first sight but on closer inspection, you realise that too many things are wrong with it. Either the fibre is coming out or the carpet doesn’t look as fresh they should be or there are stains on it. Things below our feet end up getting neglected the most even though they are the ones that need maximum attention.
In this blog post, we bring to you some simple steps of carpet cleaning so that they continue feeling fresh and looking clean and new always.
Stains are the most obvious reason why you need carpet cleaning Melbourne. Stains on carpets are tough but like all bad things, they too can be fixed. All you need is to know which category the stain comes under and what stain remover to apply to it. Confused already? Don’t worry we will let you know how to make DIY stain remover for a number of stain removal applications.
Stain Removal Formula for Blood/Milk/Soya Sauce/Cheese/Mud Stains
These stains are the toughest to remove because they are usually rich in color.
Follow this simple procedure to get rid of such tough stains:
- Add one teaspoon of a mild detergent or bleach to warm water. Apply over the stained area and wipe it out to dry.
- Mix one tablespoon of household ammonia with half a cup of water. Apply this over the stained spot.
- Wipe the spot with a sponge dipped in water and allow to air dry.
- For cheese stains, the first step has to be repeated after the second.
Stain Removal Formula for Butter/Candle Wax/Gravy
These stains are comparatively easy to remove.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Apply a few drops of dry cleaning solvent to the stained spot.
- After drying add one teaspoon of mild detergent to a cup of slightly warm water. Apply to the area and let it dry.
Stain Removal Formula for Candy/Soft Drinks/Tea
Soft drinks stain carpets most easily and are among the most common stains.
Throw away them in these easy steps:
- Mix one-third cup of white vinegar and two-thirds cup of water. Press it on the spot.
- Now press the spot with neutral Ph detergent.
- Wipe out the spot than with clean water and tap it slightly to dry.
In case all above formula fails, do not hesitate to call professional cleaners. It is your choice, either carpet dry cleaning or carpet steam cleaning Melbourne. Professional cleaners carry both systems in their vans. When your technician arrives at your premises he will inspect your carpet and advise you the best system to use for your carpet. If you would like to have your carpets professionally cleaned, contact our Drymaster carpet cleaning Melbourne team at 03 9923 2799.